The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

You're gone, you're gone, are you waiting for somethin?

Dear Oscar,

I can’t remember the last time you didn’t have a hold over me. I don’t remember what its like not to ache for you. Not to miss you. You are my continual bruise, occasionally I just run my fingers over you, marveling over the depth of the injury, and sometimes I poke and prod, examining the layers of pain hiding underneath the surface.

Lately, I’ve been noticing that you, and please don’t be upset, but you’ve been fading. Its been an interesting journey, and there were moments when I wasn’t sure that I would ever feel whole again. Melodramatic, yes, I know, but it’s the god’s honest truth. I can listen to that song, the one that reminds me of you, without the accompanying searing pain in my chest. I pine for you only when I’ve been drinking heavily and that’s because I pine when I’m drunk, and you’re the easiest thing to pine for. There’s no more tears. Every day it gets easier and easier to NOT dial your number. There’s only a residual ache and a fondness for your face and that crook in your neck.

I hope you’re happy. I hope you find it within yourself to become the man I know you want to be.

Love,
Chloe

Today's Title from: So Long by Guster

Labels: