The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, April 21, 2008

A new way to play, a new way a livin'

According to my training schedule, I’m supposed to run for about 15 minutes today. I’m not going to. My lower back is KILLING me (the curse of big breasts). Plus, I did my big run yesterday (I was supposed to do it on Saturday, but on Saturday I was recovering from Friday), and there should be a day of rest in between runs. AND I like to have at least 45 minutes of cardio on my gym days, so I went to the gym to on my lunch break to squeeze in 20ish minutes on the elliptical, and I ended up on the weirdest machine that is masquerading as an elliptical, but was WAY harder than an elliptical. It was a half stairmaster-half elliptical. And it was FUNKY. But I kept at it, only to find myself sweating like a frigging demon after 20 minutes, which was not what I had planned. I had to go back to work after that! It was not pleasant.

All in all, this new plan seems to be working. I spend so much time fretting about eating too many points, that I often end up eating not enough points. Except for Friday night, when KingBob was in town and I convinced him to have dinner with me and Spatch at Amy Ruth’s.

Guess what his first words were to me?

“Wow! You DO look like Britney Spears!”

Son of a bitch!

He’s lucky that the prospect of fried shrimp and waffles was enough to keep me in good humor.

But all in all, it was an incredibly fabulous, Spatch-tastic weekend. Even though my lower back may never forgive me.

As a side note, my mother has begun texting me. It cracks me up every single time. They are always short, perfectly spelled and filled with exclamation points. I know what she’s doing and it fills me with warmth all the way down to my toes. She’s trying desperately for the 2 of us to be closer. I stopped telling her a lot of things about my life awhile ago, because I knew it would hard for her to hear them and I recently learned that she’d rather know than not know. So, we are having more random chit chats. More texting.

Its cute.

Today's Title from: New World by Nas