The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Hope dangles on a string, Like slow spinning redemption

Current mood: deliriously happy

And I don’t have a good solid reason for it.

It’s about the incredibly awesome lunch that I just had, that I can’t talk about just yet, but if everything pans out as I want it to, you’ll hear all about it, I promise.

It’s about the mahi-mahi that I had for dinner last night. Why am I excited about mahi-mahi? Because, I was at Cafeteria with Spatch and Ana after the 3 of us had attended a totally kick-ass gym class. Cafeteria has deliciously good food. Mac n’ cheese. Fried chicken. Mashed potatoes. Incredibly tempting items for a foodie such as myself. Under normal circumstances, I would have eaten the bread provided. I would have ordered the fried chicken. And I would have had more than one bellini. Instead, I did not eat the bread. I ordered the grilled mahi-mahi with avocado and mango salsa, and I had ONE bellini. And I loved it. It was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten.

Its about the endorphins from all the gym time I’ve been putting in.

Its about my plans to eat at my FAVORITE restaurant, Amy Ruth’s tonight. And because I have managed my week really well so far, I can have fried shrimp. And sweet iced tea. Mmmmmm.

Its about a fairly empty weekend in front of me that I am going to enjoy endlessly after a full week of almost nonstop activity.

Today's Title from: Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional