The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

But somethin' means nothin' if ya people still wantin'

There are some universal truths that I like to live my life by.

1. There can never be enough sugar in my coffee/tea. I am a complete sugar junkie and I cannot deny it.
2. As told to me by a friend as a quote by Maya Angelou- When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

This second one has been a hard-hitting truth recently. Hands down, my biggest flaw is my steadfast belief in the goodness of everyone. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and consequently too many chances.

And proceed to get stood up, again. And again.

I didn’t write any more about The Trainer, for a few different reasons. Mainly, that I made such a big stink about him, that I couldn’t very well admit to seeing him again. I felt shameful. Also, I think that writing every detail about these ridiculous relationships leads me to be even more excessively analytical than I am naturally (I know, is that even possible?) and I’m trying to be more of a Just-Let-Things-Happen Girl.

Luckily, part of growing up is learning from your mistakes. And instead of letting myself remain in a relationship with someone for 6-8 months (Oscar?) despite the constant presence of red flags, I took the reins last night after the 3rd (yes 3rd! I’m an IDIOT!) incidence of complete disappearance by The Trainer, I left this message:

Hi Trainer, it’s Chloe. I don’t really understand what game you’re playing here, but I don’t want to play it anymore. Thank you very much for making me dinner last night, it was delicious, but I absolutely cannot continue to date someone who so consistently lets me down.

I’m not heartbroken, as luckily I kept my emotions completely in check, despite his excessive effusiveness of emotion (You’re so beautiful! I don’t want to lose you! I’m falling for you!). Although I am sad to lose those unbelievable tatted up arms. Mmmmmm.

Today's Title from: If You Only Knew by Jurassic 5

Labels: