The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, August 19, 2005

100 Things About Me

Updates Done in Red

1. I have the same birthday as Elvis Presley. I have always felt as if I had a connection with him.
2. I love Excel spreadsheets and creating formulas in them.
3. I am the luckiest girl in the whole world to have the job that I have.
4. I would, without hesitation, lay down my life for any one of my nieces or nephews.
5. I've had stitches 3 times- my chin, my right eyelid and my left index finger.
6. My favorite thing about black men is the contrast of my skin against theirs.
7. My religion believes in eternal life, I have always secretly hoped that God will make an exception for me and not make me live forever. I am no longer practicing this religion.
8. All my life, I wanted to be just like my older sister. Now, she wants to be like me.
9. I have an obsession with Kate Spade handbags and shoes.
10. There are at least 5 people that I refer to as my best friend.
11. I am an attention whore. I will purposely walk down the side of the street with more guys on it, to see what they'll say to me. Not really that true anymore.
12. I do not use the snooze button on my alarm. It irritates me. I once told a roommate that if she pushed the snooze button one more time, I was going to shove her alarm up her ass. No longer true, I snooze at least once.
13. There is a girl that I HATE because everytime I see her, she introduces herself to me as if we had not met 500 times previously. I never interact with this girl anymore.
14. I am secretly in love with a man who could not possibly be more wrong for me in every way. I had sex with his best friend to make him jealous and it didn't work. I hate this man now.
15. I hate my ex-boyfriend because he didn't fight for me. Even though I didn't fight for him.
16. I rode in an ambulance in Russia because I had fallen on the ice and thought my ankle was broken.
17. I have never smoked pot or done any drugs. I've never even had the desire to. I have smoked pot.
18. I think that my mom is the greatest person alive.
19. I hate cell phones clipped to belts or pockets. I think that it is unbearably tacky.
20. Everyday I wish that I was skinny, but I never will be because I can't stop eating pecan bars. And Dorito's.
21. I am afraid of giving blow-jobs because I fear that I am bad at them. I love giving blow jobs now that I am more confident in my abilities to give them.
22. My favorite thing about myself is my sense of humor and that people classify me as "funny".
23. I never want to leave New York City. Someday I want to be able to call myself a 'New Yorker'. I now call myself a 'New Yorker'.
24. I refuse to ever put a Britney Spears song on my iPod.
25. I hate having the same hair for long periods of time. I like to make my hair drastically different as much as possible.
26. I am very critical of the way that other people dress.
27. I have a wholesome and trusting face. Everyone tells me their secrets. People stop me and ask for directions constantly.
28. I love cheesy love songs.
29. My friends and I went to a psychic when we were in Atlantic City in February. She told me I would find love in the next year and that I would be married in 2 years. I believed her.
30. I am an insane animal lover. All animals. Including snakes.
31. My first tape was Billy Ocean, my first CD was U2- The Joshua Tree.
32. I don't know if I was really in love with my ex-boyfriend. Or if I've ever been in love at all.
33. In high school, I would do anything that anybody dared me to. I once drove home topless, which got messy when I got stuck in the middle of a huge construction site.
34. My favorite body part is my lips. Everyone else thinks it's my eyes.
35. The person that I consider to have been the best friend that I've ever had, hasn't spoken to me in 2 1/2 years. We've spoken in the last year. And he's no longer the best friend I've ever had.
36. I am terrible at doing accents or imitating other people.
37. I haven't done gymnastics in about 10 years and I can still do the splits.
38. I get manicures and pedicures regularly.
39. I am very affectionate.
40. I can spend hours talking about sex.
41. I LOATHE hiking. In my opinion, it's the most pointless activity, ever.
42. I use superlatives too much.
43. My biggest fear is that I will spend the rest of my life alone.
44. My favorite band in the whole world is U2. I once met Bono. I've seen them in concert 4 times and have tickets to see them again in October. I've seen them 5 times now.
45. I have never been my ideal weight.
46. I am deathly afraid of the dentist.
47. I like to give blood because I like to watch them stick the needle in my arm.
48. When I imagine being in heaven, I hope that I will be able to conjure up cheesecake at any time.
49. I was fearless when I was younger. I jumped off a high-dive when I was 3.
50. Outside of New York- Portland, OR and London are my favorite cities.
51. I love bubblegum.
52. I love to watch movies and read books because I love the escapism of them.
53. I hate the movie Reservoir Dogs. Only because of the scene where the cop gets his ear cut off. I still have nightmares about that.
54. First kisses make me really, really nervous.
55. I have a spectacularly sensitive stomach. Nervousness or just plain eating the wrong thing will make it revolt as if it were French.
56. I have no ability to discern between men who are genuinely interested in me and men who just want to sleep with me. DEFINITELY still true.
57. I love camping. My family went camping every summer when I was growing up. They are my favorite memories.
58. I want to have 3-4 kids. Eh. More like 2-3.
59. I am a total concert junkie. I figure I've spent over $1000 in my lifetime on concert tickets.
60. I will not set foot into Old Navy. My philosophy is that cheap clothes look cheap. I will buy some work-out clothes there now.
61. I'm afraid that I am guilty of all the things that I hate in other people.
62. I think that I can talk my way out of anything.
63. I get People magazine for free every week- I read it cover to cover.
64. I have about 10 different laughs. Only certain people have the ability to make me giggle.
65. I develop crushes way too easily.
66. I LOVE roller coasters, even though they make me sick.
67. When eating at restaurants, I will invariably choose something that is either crunchy or comes with french fries. Good friends can almost always predict what I will order.
68. I am a total sucker for a nice set of arms. I LOVE arms.
69. The rain makes me want to have sex.
70. No matter what happens with me and my religion, I will never stop believing in God.
71. I am addicted to hot chocolate and hot apple cider. I don't drink coffee, at all. I drink coffee. About 2-3 times a week.
72. My first kiss took place on April 20, 1992. I was 14. It was my best friend's older brother.
73. I have never broken a bone, but I have sprained both of my ankles multiple times.
74. I was on the 'D' basketball team in 6th grade. I was really bad.
75. If you ever can't find me, chances are very good that I am in the cafe at Barnes and Noble on 66th street, reading a book and drinking a hot chocolate with hazelnut in it. I used to go there so much that I happened to be there on the nights when some of my favorite authors were there (i.e. Dave Barry) and I got to meet them and have them autograph my books. I don't go there that often anymore. I never have time.
76. I own all four seasons of Felicity on DVD. I had never seen the first season before it was released. Before I saw it, I always rooted for Ben. Now that I've seen it, I think that she should have ended up with Noel.
77. My favorite drink is a White Russian, but I feel silly ordering it, so I always get a cranberry and vodka instead.
78. I wish I was more creative.
79. I can play the piano. I want to learn to play the guitar.
80. I cry easily. Especially at movies.
81. My fashion sense has improved 500% over the last year.
82. "I love you" are the hardest words for me to say.
83. I moved to New York because it's what I've wanted my whole life. For as long as I could remember, it was my dream to live in New York City. I moved here without a friend or a job, because I knew that I would always regret never chasing my biggest dream.
84. If I could do everything over, I would go to culinary school. I wish I was a great cook.
85. I had a cat for 13 years that used to sleep in my bed with me every night. My mom gave her away while I was in Russia. I still miss her and I still cry when I talk about her.
86. I feel like I have a book and a song inside of me, waiting to be written.
87. My most favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption. I love Tim Robbins in that movie. I love Morgan Freeman talking about hope in the end. It always gives me goosebumps.
88. I like to stay late at work. It makes me feel like I'm important and indispensable.
89. I get upset when other people do not value friendships as much as I do. If a friend has completely ditched on me for a boyfriend, the chances are slim that I will take her back when they break up.
90. I believe in Love, The Real Thing.
91. My nails never get long. They always break.
92. I pretend to hate seeing people making out in public, but really, I am just jealous.
93. When I love someone, I give them my whole heart, without reserve. I can't do the half-love thing.
94. Nothing pisses me off more than being shushed.
95. I once went 2 full years without kissing anyone.
96. I drank alcohol for the first time when I was 14. My stepsister made me drink beer.
97. I have received oral sex twice. I have never enjoyed it. I have received oral sex many times. I love it.
98. I love the smell of gasoline.
99. My favorite adjective to be described as is- Amazing.
100. I lost my virginity on June 29, 2005. I was 27.