The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I Just Wanted Some Turkey

I had grape nuts with strawberries in it for breakfast this morning. It was delicious. And I worked out like a maniac last night. I discovered that if I eat a little bit right before I go to the gym, my ability to run is greatly enhanced. I should try this more often.

After the gym, my best friend and I headed to her mecca- Fairway (which is a sort of gourmet grocery store). We don't have good shopping strategy so we waste a lot of time going back and forth between produce and other departments. I ditched her while she was struggling with a decision in dairy to go get some turkey at the deli counter. The guy behind there was awfully flirty. Can I paint a picture of what I looked like? I had just ran 3+ miles, done about 35 minutes of additional cardio and some ab work. Almost my entire shirt had gotten wet from sweat. Yeah, that's hot shit. My hair was pulled back as tight as it could be, which never looks good on me, and I was still my gym clothes. Kids- it wasn't pretty. After the deli extravanganza, I found R in the breads, which can be seen from deli. As we were debating the merits of raisin pumpernickel, I heard the guys in the deli talking about me! Loud enough for me to hear. I turned around and looked at them, and they were huddled together, staring at my ass. As they realized that I had noticed them, one of them says to me, "Niiiiiiiice." BLEGH. Are you fucking kidding me? Are there women that this tactic works on? Not to mention, they must have unbearably low standards to have been impressed by me post-gym.

The Bouncer called 4 times yesterday. It's as if he KNOWS that I've decided to ditch him and thinks that putting forth effort will save his lazy ass. Well, he's too late! He already had too many chances.