The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, March 17, 2008

So we can just celebrate there's no more pain

Dear Weekend-

Wow. You, were awesome. Seriously, I know I may have complained about you a few times, due to the extreme busy-ness that had me running around like a crazy person from the second I left work on Friday until I collapsed on my couch after dinner last night. But I will always remember you very, very fondly.

Friday night was probably the best part of you. The dinner at Yuca Bar in the E. Village with Ana, Ben and other friends was delicious. Then glamming it up in the bathroom of that weird club in Brooklyn, where Ana covered me with glitter and blinky lights was a first for me that I really enjoyed. Then- the party, filled to the gills with the most strangely dressed people I have ever seen. And I got to dance- dance in the middle of the dance floor, not giving a shit about who was watching and maybe for the first time in my life, enjoying myself some techno. Please don’t tell Email Boy, Weekend, I’ll never live it down.

After leaving the party, why did you let me harass the cab driver so? Granted, it was enormously fun to forbid to give him my number citing his terrible driving as my reason, but still, he probably didn’t deserve my an entire cab ride of my semi-drunk antics.

Weekend, I think the best line of the weekend came the next morning, as Ana and I painted her room/office in her new apartment.

Me: Ana, you’re painting past the tape.
Ana: Chloe, how do I stop painting past the tape?
Me: Maybe stop painting like a crazy person.

I was sad to leave my friends and their ridiculously cozy apartment, but you had other plans for me. Brunch and an afternoon movie with my BFF, Karen. Maybe next time, try not to make the both of us so unbearably tired that we struggle to stay awake during the movie. Once finally, ensconsed back in my apartment after the movie, my plan was to take it as easy as possible until it was late enough for me to go to bed without shame. But Weekend, you clearly knew what was best for me when you sent me a dinner invitation from Nicole, that included just enough wine that when I finally did make it into my bed, I was OUT. It was beautiful, that night of sleep.

That, unfortunately, didn’t last long enough. The next morning, you had my alarm wake up me up at 9 am. 9 am! On a Sunday! To go to church! In Queens! Queens!!! Which actually was quite nice. I am really enjoying this new church, and its wonderful accepting attitude towards everyone and everything, even if some things there take a little more getting used to, like the people who dance at the front of the room.

After church, Nicole and I got to have lunch at Wendys. Thank you, dear Weekend, for sending me some Wendy’s. I love Wendy’s. I’d also like to thank you, Weekend, for that break that I got between church and dinner, when I went home and crashed for about an hour. An hour of desperately needed sleep. Sleep which helped me to be on my most charming and delightful behavior for dinner at Artisanal with Spatch and her parents last night. Which was delicious and very, very interesting.

Then, weekend, you finally let me rest. Unfortunately, you wouldn’t let me go to sleep. You had me tossing and turning until way past 1 am. And now I am outrageously tired. Thanks for that.

Anyhoo. You were fantastic. Really.

Smooches-
Chloe

Today's Title from: Live it Up by John Legend