The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

You can bring me flowers baby

Yesterday was a big day for me. My seniority at my current place of employment plus a newly available office (remember those layoffs that I told you about?) equaled me finally graduating from cube-land to a beautiful new office complete with large windows facing another office. My darling friend, Ana, was ecstatic about the possibility of ‘windows’ but I assured her that I see nothing but directly into the offices across from me and its going to stay fairly boring unless they start throwing wild sex parties. She suggested I get the whole thing going by having MY OWN wild sex party, so if anyone’s interested in joining in the fun- give me a holler.

Having an office is a wonderful new world. I can pick my nose to my heart’s content. I can readjust my undergarments. I can eat McDonald’s without feeling guilty under the prying eyes of my ridiculously health conscious department. When someone I don’t like is calling, I can give my phone the finger.

And… I can listen to music. I always listen to music whenever I need to concentrate. Back in cube-land this meant listening to my iPod, but this caused multiple problems when people would attempt to converse with me, not seeing the headphones in my ears, and I wouldn’t respond and thus we all looked stupid.

Now, I am listening to Pandora. A lovely web-site where a person can plug in their musical tastes and Pandora will play music that matches. Sometimes Pandora is a genius, like when they played Karma Police by Radiohead earlier, and I got to have a lovely 5 minute moment of nostalgia for that time in college when I was obsessed with OK Computer (yes, I was a little late for the Radiohead bandwagon, but I GOT ON!) But sometimes Pandora sucks donkeys. Apparently something about my musical tastes causes Pandora to think I will like ridiculously sad emo songs where some nutjob chants “breaking my fall” for essentially the entire song. Thom Yorke this man is not. Maybe I should delete that I enjoy David Gray to stop the parade of depression causing emo songs.

Especially since I also had my first appointment with a therapist yesterday and she diagnosed me with 'mild depression'. That crazy bitch. And this after she said, "Wow, you have a complicated background!"

No shit, lady. That's why I'm here.

Today's Title from: You Can Bring Me Flowers by Ray LaMontagne