The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Grey would be the color if I had a heart.

I just heard from you. For the first time in 3 weeks. For the first time since that awful phone conversation when I tried to end things with you and you wouldn’t discuss it. I tried calling a few times to make sure you were okay, since I hadn’t known what you were dealing with at the time and I certainly would have done things differently if I had.

I sent you a text a week ago. I apologized for how things went down and told you that I wanted you to know how much I loved you. This was my closure.

But, I guess you needed yours too. Which is why I got the text from you today.

I wish I would have known, the last time I saw you, that it was going to be the last time I was going to see you. I wouldn’t have had that ridiculous argument with you. I would have held you tighter. I would have taken more time to memorize the way you smell and the way it felt to have my face buried in the crook of your neck. I wouldn’t have pulled away so quickly the next morning because I had to leave for work. I would have told you all the things that I think are great about you.

I would have linked my fingers through yours and made sure that no matter what- you knew that I loved you.

Today's title from: Something I Can Never Have by Nine Inch Nails

Labels: