The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I want to share this with you, Make you mine and mine will be all yours

I sat across from Spatch last night at one of my absolute favorite places in the city- Divine Bar East and listen to her talk about her new relationship with The Stiltwalker. Its difficult for me to listen to. She’s already told me in no uncertain terms that I will hate him, and as I learn more, I don’t doubt that this is true. Everything about this feels, tastes and smells exactly like The Redhead. And I honestly don’t know that I can stand by and watch this happen all over again. I want desperately to be a good friend. I want to be the kind of friend that can support my friends no matter the choices that they are making.

Cam has again put forth an invitation to see him, and I am tempted. I long to sleep in someone’s arms as being deathly ill for 4-5 days has kept everyone at bay, and Email Boy’s constant harping on me to ‘play it cool’ with the The DJ, has me hesitant to reach out to him at all. I don’t give in to Cam even though I desperately want to. It’s not worth it, especially knowing that I will be seeing The DJ tonight.

Around midnight, I get a text from The DJ’s friend, Kevin. Kevin is absolutely, breathtakingly gorgeous and has the body of an Adonis. Between the perfect rich chocolate color of his skin and the tightest ass I’ve ever seen, combined with the fact that he used to dance for the Alvin Ailey company- if this man were straight he would absolutely, positively be my dream man. For reasons which I have yet to figure out, Kevin adores me. He sends me texts messages all the time telling me how beautiful and sexy I am.

The text at midnight last night read:

You are sooooo beautiful inside and out. If I was straight, you’d be my wife.

I love this and I hate this. I love this because on one crazy night of my life, I made friends with a group of people who have essentially changed my life. We’ve all seen something in each other that we love and absolutely out of nowhere, my life feels overflowing with good people and good friends. I hate this because- I expect the rug to come flying out from underneath me at any minute.

Today's Title from: Over-Rated by Gavin DeGraw

Labels: ,