The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This could be nothing, But I'm willing to give it a try

The text messages this morning went as follows:


Him: You make it home okay?
Me: Yep, sorry I forgot to call.
Him: It's all good. I had a really great time last night. Thanks for staying over.


And a little piece of my heart swells with giddiness and excitement.


I met The DJ just before leaving for Christmas. He was at the Christmas party I attended, where Karen and I became instantaneous friends with him and his good friend, Nicole, meeting up with them later that night, then I had dinner with them the next night, hanging out with them until 2 am.


I was intrigued by The DJ from the beginning. He couldn't be any farther from what I normally go for (meaning: not black), but he's such a good guy, it practically emanates from him. He's been incredibly kind and complimentary to me since the day we met and my belief in his true goodness has only increased 10 fold in the last 3 weeks.


While I was away over Christmas, we texted occasionally, checking up on each other. After coming back, he invited me to a party he was promoting last Friday night, which I took Spatch to, then invited me to another party he was hosting on New Year's Eve, which I didn't end up attending, as I was distracted by the most beautiful kissy-face gay man ever, who couldn't tear himself away from me and Karen.


Last night, we all went out again. First to dinner at a delicious, delicious asian restaurant on the Upper West Side, then uptown to a favorite local bar that we all live within 20 blocks of. Slowly, everyone disappeared from the bar but me and The DJ. Karen, being sick, headed home first, then when I got up to leave with Nicole, he asked me to stay with him while he finished his beer. I agreed, not really thinking anything. Up to this point, I had gotten no really positive signs that he was interested in me. He was friendly enough and certainly touchy-feely, but nothing really solid to base an opinion on.


His place was the first stop on the cab ride home, and when he asked me if I wanted to come in and see his place, I agreed, still not 100% sure where this was going.


When he pulled me down onto the bed and asked me what time to set the alarm for, things were getting a lot more clear.


Luckily, he was fine with the lines that I drew and wasn't ready to cross yet, and I got to have a lovely evening of cuddling and making out with someone I have an enormous crush on.

Today's Title from: You Give Me Something by James Morrison

Labels: