The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Is the good life better than the life I live

I’m overwhelmed with my life right now.

Last weekend was amazing. Absolutely amazing. I had the opportunity to attend a wedding that absolutely blew my mind. Being in the presence of love- real love- is a gift.

The reception was at a place called Rubalad that is absolutely impossible to describe. It’s a warehouse-y place, divided into various rooms. The decorations- insane. Large spider webs with a gigantic cardboard lipstick in the center. Fake vine strung all over the staircase. Mannequins with missing limbs, adorn a wall in the Dancing Room. A gigantic igloo is a place for couples to take care of some business. There are more things to look at than I will ever have time for.

I drink champagne heartily. I dance with my friends. I laugh as Ames uses a broken off mannequin arm to grab everyone’s asses. I spy on the couples getting it on the bathroom. I make out with everyone. And I do mean EVERYONE. I swim in happiness.

When the car service picks me up at midnight…. I feel complete.

And now, I’m waking up at 5 am every night, trying to remember everything I need to get done before 7 am tomorrow morning, when I check in at the hospital. This morning it was an ice pack and a game for the Playstation that my sister is bringing for me that roused me from my sleep.

I’m buried in budget spreadsheets at work, and I’m trying to coordinate Karen at the hospital with me, Email Boy picking me up from the hospital, and my sister flying in tomorrow. And in the meantime, I’m trying not to let the fear get the best of me.

Because I am scared. But everytime it gets too bad, I just pick up my BRAND NEW 80 gb iPod and look at the back, where I had it engraved with "More Cowbell" and I smile smugly to myself because I am the coolest girl EVER.

So everyone say GOODBYE to my tonsils and don’t be upset when you don’t hear from me for a few days, while I spend most of my time sleeping to escape the pain.

Today's Title from: The Good Life by Kanye West and T-Pain

Labels: