The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So While You Sit Back and Wonder Why

My apartment has been a bit of a tense and uncomfortable place for the last few months.

Fortunately, everything seems to have taken a turn for the better last night.

1. We got a new couch. We’ve had this HATED futon in our living room that made it feel like a college dorm. It was an eye-sore that caused me grievance anytime I saw it or got anywhere near it. Last night, a craigslist find changed our living room, nay our lives for the better. It involved a lot of lifting and shoving (mostly by my best friend who is a veritable TOWER of strength, Karen) and even the removal of our front door, but we prevailed.

2. My roommate, Shannon, is moving out. Its been a drama-filled couple of months with Shannon, who used to be a very, very good friend of mine and Karen’s. For quite some time, we were an inseparable 3-some. Unfortunately, her true colors showed that she was manipulating and using us, and our friendship crashed and burned. She told me she was moving out, only JUST before I was going to ask her to leave.

There was a big dramatic showdown last night, involving a random friend of hers that I have never met before screaming at me that I am a rude and disrespectful person because she has failed to pay me for many things that she owes me (to the tune of about $130, that I can actually calculate. There’s no telling how high that number really is considering how much I floated her for movies/food when we were first friends) and to insure that I get my money, I held on to something of hers that has a lot of value.

It was not pleasant. And left my heart absolutely breaking.

Maybe I wasn’t always the best person. Maybe I could have handled a couple of situations differently.

But I’m not the bad guy here.

Luckily for everyone involved, she will be gone by the end of the day today. Hopefully she doesn’t take my TV.

Oh, and just for the record, Oscar and I are NOT getting back together.

Today's Title from: Sabotage by Beastie Boys

Labels: