The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, October 12, 2007

We got something started, It was outta sight

I've been thwarted by my own phone!!!

So, remember the guy, the Tuesday night guy, the one that I cursed out because he randomly disappeared. Well, there was an explanation. There was an out of town trip and a number forgotten at home.

There was also an adorably frantic call last Monday and an urgent message to call him back.

We've hung out a couple of times this week, and I've been working very hard at just letting things happen and not freak out too much and to not have my expectations too high.

I don't even know what to call him.

Let's keep it simple and call him Domino.

So, last night, he came and hung out with me while I did laundry. Then he left because he had some things to take care, but asked if I would be home later so he could call.

Imagine my surprise when my phone did not ring once all evening.

But, the most important lesson I'm trying to teach myself is that- things happen. Not everyone calls 100% of the time. Its okay.

So, I didn't freak out and I went to sleep okay and I was not biting off everyone's head this morning, as I am generally known to do when someone does not live up to my expectations.

Earlier today, I was chatting with a friend (okay, I'll be honest, it was Scott, but nothing is happening and we're just chatting, that's it), who said that he called me twice last night and it went straight to voicemail both times.

OH NOES! (Since I started visiting I Can Has Cheeseburger every 30 seconds, it's completely worked its way into my vernacular)

Farging phone!

Domino probably called and I probably didn't get it because my phone HATES ME.

UGH.

And just to give everyone a heads up- not that I have been a posting maniac lately, but I am going out of town for 4 days next week. Do not be alarmed if you don't hear from me for a while.

SMOOCHES!!!

Today's Title from: Why Didn't You Call Me by Macy Gray

Labels: ,