The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

So come on courage, teach me to be shy

I didn't go to the Yankee game last night. I ended up getting 2 replies, but neither of them ended up working out. The only other option was this random guy that I met on the street a few weeks ago, who is exactly like every other loser that I've dated in the last 2 years and I just don't have the energy or desire to go down that road again. Plus on our first conversation he was already talking about things that I deem inappropriate so early in the game (i.e. my favorite position. WTF? Seriously).

NEXT.

So I didn't go. I only paid $5 each for the tickets, so it wasn't a major loss and instead I got to go out with some co-workers and have a couple of glasses of delicious wine, something I'd been wanting to do for ages. It all worked out in the end.

Plus I got invited to another game tomorrow night and I get to go with people that I absolutely adore.

Win-Win situation.

And I have to confess- presently, I am deliriously happy. It might have been the chocolate chip cookie I had for lunch. It might be how truly content I am with my present single status.

All I know is that exactly 4 weeks ago, I was a complete emotional train wreck. And damn, it feels good to be off that train.

Today's Title from: Cannonball by Damien Rice