The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, August 24, 2007

like you stood by me, I will stand by mine, stand by my belief...

The thing is, I still believe in you.

After a lifetime of unrequited love and missteps, I still believe that you are out there somewhere- that someone who really, geniunely 'gets' me and truly defines the idea of 'soul mate'.

I believe in the future of lazy Sunday mornings in bed together. Or gloomy, rainy afternoons. I believe in learning and adoring all of your idiosyncracies and being touched when you remember and cater to mine. I don't believe that we will fall in love at first sight, because I don't believe that's real love. But I believe that we will fall in love with each other a little more each day, until we reach that point where we know that we will want to spend the rest of our lives together.

I believe in your ability to stand up to me and not let me walk all over you as I am wont to do if I can. I believe that you will be strong and reliable, and understand that sometimes I have days where I just need to cry and you can't fix it. I believe that you will do what you say you're going to do and always follow through.

I believe that you will make me believe I am beautiful.

I believe that you will understand who I am inherently. I believe you will see me- for all the wonderful things about me- my independence, my brilliance, my sense of humor, my insatiable sex drive, my ambition and for my flaws- my impatience, my selfishness, my independence and my mean defense mechanism streak; and still love me.

I believe that we will laugh together, often. I believe that you will hold me while I sleep. I believe that we will go through hard times and that I will want to run, more than once, but that we will get through them, and we will be stronger for them.

I believe that you will be the love of my life.

And I believe that I haven't met you yet.

Today's Title from: Belief by Gavin DeGraw