The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cause I just found someone special

I've recently discovered a new phenomenon, that apparently plagues every female and I guess it's just my turn.

Now that I am firmly rooted in a relationship, it's as if every other man that I've ever been involved with can smell my inaccessability and want to challenge me on my ability to resist them. I've said 'no' to sex more in the last 2 weeks than maybe the rest of my life combined (I don't often say 'no' to sex. I am the ideal girlfriend, no?)

Men who have weirdly come out of the woodwork recently:
Jay (my super-hot next door neighbor, that was the toughest one by far)
Cam (and he's been TENACIOUS, even after I told him I have a boyfriend)
Scott (NO LIE, his nerve knows no bounds)
Mr. Wrong (it was just a sort of random passing comment, but it threw me)

I never really imagined that cheating would be a real temptation for me. I also never imagined that it would even be an option, especially from men I have previously been wildly attracted to. I've lived my life for so long without even having to think about 'being committed' that it's actually been hard for me to change my way of thinking and recognize that really, my options are no longer limitless.

Mostly I just think of Oscar. I think of him holding me while I cried last week, of his cute random text messages, of his late night phone calls because he wants to talk to me and he can't wait, and of how much it would destroy me if the situation were reversed.

P.S. I am going to Montreal (again) next week and would love any restaurant/club recommendations if anyone has some. I've thoughtfully provided an email on my profile and will take you out to dinner here in NYC if you give me some good info.....

Today's Title from: Nice to Meet You Anyway by Gavin DeGraw

Labels: