The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, July 30, 2007

I wanna feel like I'm close to something real

Who's tired of the Barry Bonds post, huh? Me! That's for sure.

I hardly even know where to begin.

Thursday night was eventful and sad. I am increasingly more frustrated with myself for the drama I can't seem to escape in my relationship with Oscar (who has no idea how much drama there really is). I'm tired of the myriad of different opinions of how I should be handling things. I'm tired of the gripping anxiety that sends any semblance of rationality straight out the window. I'm tired of letting one person have this much control over my emotions.


Friday Night


Karen, Maria and I met up with our friend, Eric, for dinner at Butter for Restaurant Week.


I could spend hours writing a review for this restaurant. It was everything that you want a dining experience to be. Fabulous service (the adorable waiter wasn't even remotely condescending when I asked questions about the wine) and food that was absolutely to DIE for.


To say that I am enamored and would gladly marry this restaurant is an understatement.

Saturday I exercised my rights as the lease-holder to my apartment and informed all of my roommates that specific cleaning jobs were being instated, as a few apartment members seem to have forgotten recently how to yield a broom. It turned into cleaning day at my apartment, complete with a visit from our Super who 'snaked' our shower drain and enabled us to now shower without water pooling around our ankles by the time we are done.

Later that night, Karen and I grabbed some dinner then went to a movie. Our 'date night'. We excitedly planned for our upcoming trip to Montreal and I basked in the comfort of being with my very best friend. We laugh when people tell us to just make our lives easier and marry each other, but honest-to-god, I could spend the rest of my life living with Karen and some cats, of course, and be perfectly content.

On Sunday, I met up with Spatch, who takes me out to Ana's place. I am immediately in love with Ana's filled-to-the-gills apartment, which is also home to her 2 cats. We spend the day lounging and talking with all the different people who stop by. I spend some quality time making bacon for everyone, then Spatch and I set up the massage table and start doling out 4 handed massages. I am uncertain of my movements, having only given the most amateur of massages to friends and boyfriends over the years, but Spatch is gentle with her instructions, and we find that we work together well, reading each other's movements. And I am struck by how glad I am that we are friends.

Today I am back at work and having had to reschedule my Dr's appointment this week due to some last minute meetings, am trying to devise a new lifestyle to naturally help out with my increasingly worse anxiety. I am reading about natural supplements and foods which are proven to decrease cortisol levels.

I am also considering removing men from my life completely......

Today's Title from: Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park

Labels: , ,