The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, July 23, 2007

I don't want to come back down from this cloud

"I'm just going to warn you now," I told Karen, "his friends are weird."

I was taking her to a BBQ in Prospect Park in Brooklyn being held by Email Boy and all of his friends. And as the subway ride out there became more and more interminable, I questioned whether the trek was even worth it. His friends haven't always gone out of their way to be friendly and the girls have never even spoke to me.

Luckily, Karen is my lucky charm.

She had the boys eating of her hand faster than you can say I'll-Have-Some-Ketchup-With-That-Hamburger and before not too long we were playing Frisbee with some of them (badly), then found ourselves being picked first for kickball teams.

Between our dazzling displays of athletic prowess, Karen and I lounged on a blanket under the perfect blue sky, safe-guarding the wiffle ball equipment and marveling at how unexpected the day had turned out. While the Girls of the Lifelong Friends group still were not exactly welcoming, we found the Girlfriends of The Men to be equally as eager to make friends, and I conceded that maybe they all weren't so bad after all.

Information which Karen promptly relayed to Email Boy, who couldn't have been more delighted at my acquiesence.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love him?

___________________________________________________________

Although wildly different, Saturday was equally as delightful as my Sunday in Prospect Park.

Around 1 in the afternoon, I met up with Spatch in Madison Square Park, for some Shake Shack burgers and some lounging in the afternoon sun. Then we walked down to the West Village where we cooled our feet in the fountain at Washington Square Park before getting pedicures, then heading back to Washington Square Park where Spatch napped while I read Harry Potter, then proceeded to doze off myself.

After waking up we headed to The Dove, one of my favorite cozy little places in the West Village with wallpaper that allows me to pretend I am in a bordello. Spatch got a martini while I tried a new wine that I ended up hating. Wonderful friend that she is, Spatch traded me drinks while we devoured our cheese plate - cashel blue, mango stilton, emmenthal and fontal cheese with toasted bread, dried apricots, figs, almonds and olives. One of my favorite things about Spatch is that our taste in food is practically identical. Making food decisions with her is frighteningly easy.

At this point, we were individually ready to head home. She to pack, me to read some more.

My evening at home wasn't as relaxing as I anticipated when I walked through the front and watched as the door fell off it's hinges.

Luckily, my super has a super-sized crush on me and fixed our door for us quite promptly. And I only had to flash him a little.

Hizzzz-ot.

Today's Title from: Comedown by Bush

Labels: ,