The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Funny how my world keeps spinnin'

After Oscar opted not to call me until 11:00 last night, there was a fight. A big nasty fight.

And I don't really want to talk about it anymore. There hasn't really been any resolution and I don't know what to do or how to proceed, so I'm giving myself a few days to not talk about it and just let everything settle in my head, while I figure out what I can put up with and what I can't.

Thank you everyone for your comments yesterday.

And thank you especially to Spatch, who was with me last night and figuratively held my hand as I descended from irritated to irate to crying on her massage table. Along with my anger issue, I have an anxiety issue and it's such a comfort to have someone witness it's truly spectacular grip on me, walk me through it, and still want to be my friend afterwards. When I was at my worst point, she laid me down on her massage table, cued up some Bach cello solos and gave me the most relaxing massage of my life, for which I am eternally grateful.
____________________________________________________________________

One day, I was riding the bus home. And a girl came and sat in front of me with a McDonald's bag. I watched in wide-eyed fascination as she pulled out a double cheeseburger, opened it up, put a handful of fries in the middle of it, closed it back up and ate it.

Fries! In the middle of the cheeseburger!!

Having been officially diagnosed with an unhealthy obsession with french fries (well, really all things potato, but mostly fries), I was PISSED that I had never thought of this! Such a genius idea!

Since then, I have been on the lookout for more opportunities to incorporate potato related food items directly into other food items (I'm still undecided about whether or not I want to try incorporating hash browns directly into pancakes).

Today, I got a turkey sandwich for lunch and a bag of potato chips. And I know other people have done this before, it's not like I'm reinventing the wheel or anything. But I decided to try the potato chips IN the turkey sandwich. Which not only introduces a bit of potato into my sandwich (always a plus), but it always makes my sandwich crunchy. And people- I LOVE crunchy. I am in constant search of crunch.

Oh, that sandwich was heavenly.

And I am officially converted. I can't wait to try Doritos in a sandwich. I realize that Doritos do not contain potato, but they pack a hefty crunch and they are beyond delicious to me, so I imagine the marriage of Dorito and sandwich will be every bit as wonderful as the potato chip and sandwich.

Mmmmmm.

Today's Title from: Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now by Joss Stone

Labels: ,