The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, June 15, 2007

People here I come, now sweat me when I'm done

The ride home from Brooklyn was long. And it was the 2nd time in 24 hours that I fell asleep on the subway, something that I have to be REALLY tired to do. My head was fuzzy with memories I was trying to imprint in my brain in all their intricate detail.

The dinner party was at the same apartment as the party I recently went to with Spatch, and in the daylight, I found the neighborhood to be adorable and charming, not nearly as menacing as the last time I was there (although on my way back to the subway later, I was followed by a very creepy man who made weird noises at me, so I'm back to being afraid of the neighborhood).

As I walked in the door, I was greeting with lovely smells and an overwhelming feeling of being underdressed, as I was the only female not in a skirt/dress there.

As always, everyone was outrageously friendly. I knew almost no one there, and Spatch sat with me for the first little bit as I got comfortable, but had some hostessing duties to attend to and left me to my own devices. I found myself immersed in a conversation with a magician, named Jeremiah, with a million fetishes, who later played with my hair for hours and who listened to the story of The Italian with rapt appention.

As I surveyed the room and the tall, red-headed man sitting in front of me, I found myself experiencing something I haven't experienced in a while.

"Ana," I said. "I realize that Jeff is white, but he is smoking hot and I would totally make out with him."

Shocked by my admission, Ana encouraged me to go for it. I declined, having been with Oscar less than 24 hours previously. But I was pleased to realize that I was maybe finally ready to step out of my comfort zone and be more open about who to date.

My lust for Jeff only intensified after he spoon-fed me rum soaked watermelon and bananas with melted chocolate. When our eyes would meet occasionally, I would suddenly get shy, nervous and unsure and look away before he could see the longing in my eyes. I was in over my head and my natural flirtatious abilities were failing me miserably.

Leaving was a struggle. It was getting late and I had a long train ride in front of me. The last thing I wanted to do was leave. I find myself frightening comfortable in my own skin when hanging out with Spatch's friends.

And I really didn't want to leave Jeff and the twinkle in his eye.

Today's Title From: Get Your Freak On by Missy Elliot

Labels: ,