The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

When the sun shines We’ll shine together

I heart Memorial Day weekend. Especially this most recent one. The weather was perfect and I got to spend a lot of time just relaxing. I think many people would be reticent to describe a weekend as 'perfect' that involved a bikini wax and a 3 mile run, but there just isn't any other word that fits.

The 3 mile run actually wasn't so bad. I finished it without the struggle I was anticipating. I set the speed at the slowest I could without falling off the treadmill, and 3 miles later, I was still breathing! I probably could have gone even longer. Who would've thought? Amazing.

Sunday was spent in Long Island, where resides a friend of Karen's, who is now my friend and not just because she owns two cats (have I mentioned how much I love cats?) or because she owns the prettiest Ford Mustang ever, that she drives very aggressively, which I love. Maria was just one of those people that you love instantly and want to do whatever it would take to make them happy. Plus she let us (read: Karen) play Guitar Hero endlessly. And she made fun of me all day for my incessant use of the word 'totally'. I like it when people understand my teasing nature and can dish it out to me as good as I can give it.

Anyhoo.

Yesterday, I slept in, and then hung out, watching Boondocks, with my adorable next door neighbor, Jay, who I am developing a weird relationship with. We used to have sex. Now we are friends who hang out together, he drove me to the gym on Saturday, and he has started calling me more often. And everything is remaining strictly platonic. Except for a few kisses every now and then. I'm not entirely sure what he wants from me (he has a girlfriend), but we have a good time together. So, whatever.

Then Karen and I spent the rest of the day together, with Shannon meeting up with us later. We walked along the water, taking in the perfect weather and all the sailors. Then we went grocery shopping, then we just chilled the rest of the night. Each one of us had other plans for yesterday, but all 3 of us bailed on those plans to be with each other.

Who needs a man when I've got friends like these? Seriously.

Today's Title from: Umbrella by Rihanna