The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Makes no difference boo, I’m ballin the same

So, I'm terrible at starting new things and then not finishing them. I wonder what that says about me?

But, I need a hobby. Or something.

So, I've remembered that there is a hobby that I quite enjoy that makes me feel better about myself. A lot better.

It's called running.

I was going to run a 10k in June, but I fell off the training wagon and couldn't seem to get back on! So, I've found a new one in July, which training begins THIS WEEK. And for my first long run on Saturday, I have to run 3 miles. YIKES. I'm not so sure I can do that, so there may be a lot of walking involved. There may be a lot of walking in the final run too. That'll be hot.

Normally I get really pumped and excited for a new goal. I can't seem to summon the energy about this one.

I really need my dad to call me and tell me that he thinks that I can't do it. That would give me all the motivation in the world. Nothing I love more than proving his ass wrong! Oh he of the great faith in me- who thought I wouldn't make it longer than 6 months in New York (4 years and counting...) and predicted that I would return home from Russia after less than a month there (I stayed all 6 months of the program that I was with and had to be dragged kicking and screaming onto our departing train).

So, if anyone's got any great motivation tricks up their sleeve that don't involve any sort of kooky alternative medicine practices or shooting shark piss up my nose (who can name that movie?) I'd love to hear them.

Today's Title from: Show Me What You Got by Jay-Z