The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, May 07, 2007

My cold hands needed a warm, warm touch,

So, I considered emailing The Ex to see if he wanted to get together sometime, but a friend advised me to wait a few days and see if I still felt that way, which was very sound advice. A few days later, and I'm much more ambivalent about him. My gut reaction was probably the result of not having seen him for 2 years. Moving on...

I just finished one of the most insane weekends of my life. I met someone on Friday who was a big contributing factor to the general insanity of the weekend, but I'm not ready to talk about him yet. I'm tired of the false starts and the false hopes, and I don't want to write about someone until I know they might be around for at least a little while.

Saturday I got my hair done. I'm now a blonde with totally rockin' red streaks in my hair. It's not as drastic and insane as it sounds. It's all very subtle and lovely. Then 2 friends and I shared in the Ultimate Girl-Bonding experience and all went to get waxed together, a deeply satisfying experience. After waxing, we found ourselves a lovely little outdoor cafe for brunch and cocktails.

That night, Karen, Shannon and I trekked down to Chinatown to see a really terrible band play, then had to immediately turn around and head for East Harlem for a fight-watching get together. The route home took us past Marc's house, who saw us in the window and invited us in. Our first time seeing and speaking since we consumated our relationship over 2 months ago. It wasn't too bad. He treated me almost exactly the same as before. It was interesting. But I'm done talking about him.

Sunday. Sunday was a very perfect day.

I met Spatch and one of her co-workers at the most adorable restuarant in the Lower East Side for brunch. The food was delicious, but the company was better. After brunch, Spatch and I walked over to the West Village, wandering through SoHo, stopping wherever we felt like it. We discovered the most fabulous store with tons of reasonably priced, absolutely gorgeous lingerie. Spatch walked out with 2 new sets of bra's and panties. I did not make out so well. Oh well. Once in the West Village, we spent some quality time pondering vibrator size and I walked away with a new toy for myself. Then we got some ice cream at Cold Stone. Then we went and had mani/pedi's. And I was heartbroken to have to part from Spatch. The perfect weather and the perfect company left me as content as a person can be.

I was supposed to go to bed early that night. I had been suffering in the sleep department for the last 2 nights, and I was exhausted. Instead I found myself in Brooklyn, getting butterflies.

Then getting dropped off at 4 am.

More about that later.....

Today's Title from: Thinking About You by Norah Jones