The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yeah,yeah, who knows better than I?

Just started Round 2 of antibiotics for the sharp, needle-like pain in my left tonsil. I've done a lot of reading on adult tonsillectomy, and the reviews aren't good. But it's almost worth it to stop being sick already. I've essentially been sick for about 2 months now. I'm not really enjoying it. Especially since I used to laugh in the face of people who got sick all the time. I threw my superb immune system around like a badge of honor. They're all like- 'who's laughing now, bitch!'

I'm wearing a pair of high, relatively unsteady heels to work today. I have fallen, on my ass, TWICE. The first time, I was walking out of the kitchen and had a paper cup filled with maple and brown sugar oatmeal. As my heel slid out from under me, the cup of oatmeal went flying, with several particles/lumps landing in my hair. It was really fabulous moment for me. I felt every inch the glamorous New York City girl that I aspire to be. The second time was essentially in front of my entire department. Those dastardly heels just couldn't stay under me and down I went, this time emerging with bruises and scrapes, and some severely dinged pride. Needless to say, the shoes have been DISCARDED and I will be wearing flip flops for the rest of the evening. The next time, I'd probably break something.

I just heard from Patrick. So weird. I answered the phone because it was a number I didn't know, and I was expecting a call. I hadn't really expected to hear from him after The Date Where I Was Shushed (oh also, he talked A LOT about ex-girlfriends. Generally, I am not a fan.) He wanted to know my plans for the next few days and luckily, my best friend from college is coming into town, so my availability is very, very limited for the next 5 days. I told him I would call him this weekend. Even though my sister thinks I am just coming up with trumped up excuses to avoid a relationship with the only really decent prospect that I've met in 2 years (This is semi-valid, I have done this in the past), I think I can pretty safely say that when a man is kissing me goodnight and the ONLY thing I am thinking is, 'Please don't stick your tongue in my mouth! Please don't stick your tongue in my mouth!', that this relationship really doesn't have a future and I should probably not call. Can I get a HELLS YEAH.

Today's Title from: Hard Time by Ray Charles