The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm not impressed, I want you back

So, I even before I read all of the lovely comments about yesterday's post, I had my eyebrows threaded. $6 for minimum pain and lovely shaped eyebrows was totally worth it for me. Yet another procedure to add to my regular beauty maintenance.

Karen and I have managed to plan a getaway for Memorial Day weekend that will not cost us an arm and a leg. It involves a beach and will be close enough to, but also far away enough from Atlantic City to make me extremely happy. I need some time out of the city. I love New York, I really, really do. But sometimes you just need to sit and relax and not take the subway for a few days. It works wonders on stress levels. And mine are presently through the roof.

I have Date #2 with Patrick, A.K.A The Nicest-Guy-I've-Met-In-Two-Years, tonight. He's not great with the communication, but he takes me to great restaurants, and he doesn't forget his credit card, so that's also a big plus. I'm curious to see how I feel after tonight. If the lack of chemistry is still an issue for me. I don't remember there being a lot of chemistry with The Ex at the beginning, but once it did start to happen, I was turned on for an entire month straight. So much so, that I was regularly soaking through my pants. Really. But I do remember being giddy and full of butterflies and possibilities at the beginning of that relationship. So much so, that the morning after our first date, I was so off in La-La Land that I tripped and sprained my ankle badly enough to have to cancel our next set of plans. Then when his reply was to "get better, kitten" I thought I would explode at the adorableness.

So far no real giddy-ness or exploding with Patrick. We'll see, I guess.

Speaking of The Ex. I might see him in a few weeks. A mutual friend forwarded me an invitation to a Benefit that I'm about 90% certain that he will be at. I normally would have avoided a situation where I could potentially appear to be stalking a boyfriend whom I haven't seen or spoken to in 2 years, but one of my favorite comedians will be there (Mike Birbiglia) and I must go. And I'm excited to see his roommates. One of whom used to counsel on me on All Things Penis Related, as it was something that I was terrified of at the time, but clearly am no longer. (Wouldn't my mother be so proud at how I've grown in the last 2 years?).

Is it weird that I still have days where I miss him a little? The Ex, that is.

Today's Title from: Comfortable by John Mayer

Labels: ,