The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, May 11, 2007

All I'm trying to say is our love don't have to change

I'm not 100% sure that I even remember what it feels like to be well-rested. After the week I've had, there's nothing I want to do more this weekend than sleep. Lots and lots of sleep.

Tuesday night I went to a Yankee game with Spatch and 2 other friends. We sat in the bleachers and shouted taunts to the players and people in the box seats with the rest of the rowdy fans. At $5 a ticket, we couldn't have asked for a better night. After the game, Spatch crashed at my place, as I live 10 minutes from Yankee stadium and she lives an hour and a half. We had all sorts of girly plans for the evening, that should have included baking, but a text message threw a wrench into my sanity and I fear Spatch might have all sorts of new ideas about my mental health. I think I might be able to sweet-talk her into brunch again though.

Wednesday night, I had Date #2, with the man that I met last Friday. Oscar. I think I'm ready to talk about him. We met on Friday. We talked on the phone that night for 3 hours. Communication continued all through the weekend and Sunday night he invited me to a get-together at his place where he introduced me to some friends and treated me like a queen. He never asked for more than I was willing to give and showered me with compliments all night. Communication never faltered. Calls and texts abounded. Wednesday night, I met up with him and some friends, then he took me out to dinner and we went and had some drinks, then we went back to his place and watched Scarface (really, I fell asleep while he watched Scarface) and for the second time in a week, he drove me home at 4 am, because I asked him to.

And let me tell you something. This man has SKILLS. Amazing skills. Like- imagine the best lover you've ever had- he could teach that person some lessons.

He wants to see me again tonight (total 3 times in one week, can you say- whipped?) and I'll hedge a little with complaints that I'm tired and that I'd really like to give the bite marks on my neck some time to fade, but chances are high that I'll probably cave.

Last night was a birthday dinner for Email Boy. I was at a company event in Chelsea, so he came and picked me up there, then we headed down to the West Village to have dinner at my favorite restaurant, where the food is outrageously delicious and the live jazz is even better. Dessert was a Chipwich for Email Boy and a Haagen Daaz bar for me, then we headed to another one of my favorite places- a lounge filled to the gills with pool tables, ping pong tables, Scrabble, chess, shuffleboard, a bar and a live jazz band. We put our name down for ping pong, got ourselves some beer and then settled in on one of the couches to enjoy the music. The wait for ping pong got longer than we could take, so we then just wandered around the West Village, discovering new places and making fun of each other. As we climbed back into the car to go home, we called my sister (they've met), Email Boy is considering going on our Family Camping Trip this summer and wanted to know if he can stay in my sister's trailer, as sleeping in a tent is a little too rough for a boy from Staten Island, who I'm not sure has ever even seen a tent in real life. After my sister assured him that he could bunk with her 4 year old son, we headed for Harlem to get me home before I passed out from sheer exhaustion. On the drive home, I, once again, marveled at the ease of our relationship. After 3 years, its still fun. And never boring. And it only gets better.

And I wondered if our relationship will be like the movies, where we'll have this amazing friendship for years and years, and we won't realize how much we really love each other until one of us gets engaged and all the chips have to be laid on the table in a big dramatic scene complete with tears and throwing things and inevitably, the most romantic kiss anyone has ever seen.

Or we will just stay good friends, eventually just drifting apart as life takes us in opposite directions, eventually becoming nothing more than fond memories of those crazy days when we were single and living in Manhattan.

Today's Title from: It Don't Have to Change by John Legend

Labels: , ,