The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

So keep it player, dawg

As I waited at the bar of Las Ramblas, a new tapas place that Spatch and I were trying out, I texted madly back and forth with Email Boy who wants to plan a road trip to Graceland together. As I annoyed everyone around me with my shouts of laughter at each of his text messages, I thought of how frustrating it is to have this relationship that is so perfect, literally I would change nothing about it, and to have it remain strictly platonic. Am I doomed to never have this level of comraderie with a love interest?

Spatch arrived, punctual as ever, and as we toasted our white peach sangria to 'being happy with ourselves, just as we are', I reveled in the myriad of complex but completely satisfying relationships that fill my life. We talked non-stop through our croquettes, meatballs, and mushroom/tomato/avocado salad, but dismissed dessert in favor of hitting up Cold Stone later.

After we left the restaurant, we wandered across the street to a sex/costume shop so Spatch could look for more costumes to experiment with. We found ourselves in the corset section, picking out ones to try on.

Spatch couldn't have looked sexier in her black with red accents corset. It fit her perfectly and accentuated everything exactly how it should be accentuated. After getting the laced-up torture on my self, I turned to look in the mirror and as I surveyed the sight before me- boobs up to my chin and a 20 inch waist (okay, no way was it really 20 inches, but it felt like it!), 'sexy' isn't exactly the word I would have used. I liked the look okay, and I loved the feel of it, but since there was no way I could ever sit down in it and I'm sure the struggle to maintain nipple coverage would never end, I decided maybe a corset isn't the best look for me. Spatch maintains that I just need to try more.....

After Operation Corset, we wandered on to Cold Stone, where I always try something different and Spatch always gets the same thing. As we sat in the window people watching and talking, she asked me if I could name everyone I had slept with.

"Of course!" I said confidently.

And yet, as I got to the end of the names in my head, I found myself coming up one short. 24 hours later and a thorough re-reading of the last 2 years of my blog and I am still drawing a blank. Have I miscounted somewhere along the way? Or can I really not remember?

This vexes me.

Oh well. Must not have been that great!

Spatch, however, was fabulous as always. I'm so excited for her to move to Manhattan so we can spend more time together......

Today's Title from: Keep it Playa by Pharrell

Labels: