The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries

I'm tired. As I rightly should be. I got dropped off by Oscar at 5:45 this morning. We had been at his house and had fallen asleep. And I didn't feel comfortable bringing overnight accessories yet. I'm still sort of undecided about how I feel about him. Sometimes I adore the shit out of him, other times I want to smack him. We'll see, I guess.

There are other things to be excited about in the meantime- like the white water rafting trip that Karen, Maria and I just signed up for. It's only one day, but it's going to be KICK-ASS. It's not for another month, but I'm already so excited, I have to use the bathroom about every 30 seconds. Too bad we can't bring Maria's kitties.

Running was one of the most painful experiences of my life last night. Sometimes, the Running Gods shine their light on me and I can run forever. Sometimes, the Running Gods show their utter disdain for the size of my ass and make every step a lesson in torture. Last night, the evil culprits were focused specifically on my right shin and my left ankle. It took me about 5-10 minutes longer than it should have to finish my 2.5 miles because I kept having to stop and shake my angry fist at the heavens. Awesome. Karen struggled too, so I'm going to blame it on either the loaded cheese fries that we had on Sunday, catching up with us, or a blanket night of punishment by the Gods for all of us New Yorkers for reasons unknown (probably because they are tired of our ubiquitous cool-factor, they felt we needed a lesson in humility).

Tonight I am meeting up with Spatch for dinner and we will have a fabulous time, despite the fact that she loves Dippin Dots and I don't.

Today's Title from: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.

Labels: ,