The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cause you ain't ever gonna burn my heart out

I walk out of the bathroom, ready for work except I haven't dressed yet. A lesson I learned the first time I stayed all night.

"I have 20 minutes until I need to leave for work," I say.

Oscar moans and rolls over and looks at me.

"Judging by the look on your face, you have a pretty good idea of what you'd like to do with that 20 minutes," he says.

As I settle myself on top of him, and bury my face in his neck, I say, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Apologies had been profuse. Given to me over the phone and also in person. He'd had a lot of family obligations over the weekend and had thought about calling me, but didn't want to call when he didn't have any time to talk.

He says.

I'm completely confused on where to go from here. He had been flabbergasted when I told him I wasn't sure if I was ever going to hear from him again, claiming not to be 'that kind of guy'. When I explain to him that when I'm sick, I'm 10,000 times more sensitive and these are not the days to tell me you're going to call me and not call, he promises he'll remember that next time.

To hash it out for hours seems futile. I agree to see him the next night, not caving to his pressure to see him that night.

The situation gets even more grey as we play-wrestle in our post-orgasmic glow this morning. The good times are so good.

But I've had good times before (Scott) and ended up a bloody mess on the side of the road (metaphorically, of course).

I don't want to be mad all the time. It's such a silly way to spend time in a relationship. Being mad at each other. And I don't want to be the Mad-All-The-Time-Girl. We all know someone like that. And she irritates the shit out of us. I don't want to be her!

He asked again for me to start spending more time there.

Obviously, I am still hesitant.

Today's Title from: Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis

Labels: