The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Just might find their way into my dreams tonight

Email Boy: What about this shirt?
Me: Uhhhmmmm. I don't have a strong opinion. It is pink.
EB: WHAT THE %*#@! It's pink?!?!?! I wore this on a date! I thought it was red! I'm such an ass.

Enter Jim, Email Boy's roommate, concerned about all the yelling coming from Email Boy's room.

Me: Jim, tell him what color that shirt is.
Jim: It's pink.
EB: How could you let me leave the house in this? You know I'm color blind! What kind of a roommate are you? You let me wear a pink shirt!

Jim and I cannot respond because we are laughing so hard we are crying.

This is only a slice of the pure hilarity which took place in Email Boy's room all Saturday afternoon as EB and I went through his closet, tossing offensive articles of clothing and where I learn that color blindness isn't EB's only impairment when it comes to fashion. He just doesn't have any. Thank goodness he has me.
___________________________________________________________________

4:50 Sunday morning.

My alarm goes off. Maria moans from the cot set up in my room.

30 minutes later, Karen, Maria and I are on the subway heading for midtown where we are meeting up with our group to go white water rafting.

Here's the highlights of the day:

-A pit stop at WaWa on our way to the river, were we marveled at the abundance of fun/delightful/nutricious foods at prices that bordered on theft.
- Hilariously funny and absolutely fascinating tour guides ("captains")
- In my fear of getting sunburned, lathering myself up with SO MUCH sunscreen, that I didn't even get a tan
- "Serious Bob"- the 19 year old guide who STAUNCHLY refused to tell us when we would be stopping for lunch
- Eating the equivalent of about 50 watermelons between 4 of us for lunch.
- Learning to successfully maneuver ourselves off of enormous rocks that we were constantly getting stuck on
- An absolutely fantastic day spent on the river/in a bus with people that I absolutely adore

__________________________________________________________________

I finished off the weekend with an hour and a half long phone conversation with Oscar just before passing out last night. We're still dating (almost 2 months now) and I'm still hesitant.

Just taking it one day at a time, I guess.

I don't trust him. But that's more because of the sins of those who have gone before than any reason he has given me. He's actually always been relatively dependable and attentive. He's treated me better than anybody else has in a long time. That should count for something.

Today's Title from: Better Together by Jack Johnson

Labels: ,