The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Monday, July 09, 2007

I've mortgaged all my castles in the air

So, I'm feeling like a normal person again. I'm done PMSing and I had a great weekend.

Friday after work I met up with Spatch and Ana, we worked out in Chelsea, then proceeded to drink ourselves into a stupor at Dallas BBQ. Yeah, it may not be the most high class joint in New York City, but when you've got a hankering for a Texas Sized Pina Colada, it hits the spot pretty perfectly.

On Saturday, Karen and I hit the beach for the first time this summer. Three beautiful hours of soaking up some good quality sun. We couldn't have asked for more perfect conditions. And both of us ended up with a nice golden glow. The night, we hit our favorite restaurant in the West Village- Smorgas Chef where we had the distinct pleasure of dining outside and having a front row ticket to the whip-cracking going on outside the lesbian bar across the street. This is not a euphemism for anything. There really was a woman in leather pants and dominatrix heels, cracking a 15-20 foot whip. FASCINATING.

Then went to see 1408, at 34th and 8th where we will never see a movie again. The audience was FILLED with the most rude and obnoxious individuals I have ever encountered. They talked to each other. They made calls on their cell phones and they stomped around the theater in the middle of the movie. I finally reached the end of my rope and had a theater employee give them the What-for. Then, after the movie was over, Karen and I huslted ourselves out of there, terrified as I was of getting beat down by the perpetrators.

Sunday morning dawned muggy and H.O.T. Karen and I did some shopping together, and I got a fabulous new Michael Kors (my favorite designer) shirt at Marshall's for $30. I love me a good bargain. Then had dinner at Mama Mexico, where we both discovered that our appetites have shrunken considerably in the heat wave. We both left our plates woefully full. Heartbreaking. Truly. But a welcome change from the Eat-Everything-In-Sight Diet that I had been engaging in for the previous several weeks.

But I am still unsettled. It may be that I am girding myself for an All Out Brawl while camping with the fam this week. My brothers tend to be very single-minded and relentless with their disapproval. Should be good times!

I am also still roller-coastering about Oscar. Dump him for good? Give him the benefit of the doubt? But mostly I'm upset because why I am allowing this man to affect me so much? It pisses me off!

Note also- the lack of cursing in my post. I am trying to clean up my language before I go see the fam. Certain words have become a little too comfortable in my vernacular, so they have been reprimanded appropriately and put on probation.

Today's Title from: Everything Happens to Me by Billie Holiday