The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I guess we’ll just have to adjust.

I am boycotting the deli next to my office and let me tell you- it is cramping my style.

Reason for the boycott:

After weeks of getting more and more frustrated with my breakfast experience there, one morning last week was the final straw for me. With increasing frequency, they have been out of my morning bagel of choice- cinnamon raisin. Why are they not learning from this problem and ordering more? I don't know, but everytime I walked in and they were all out, I got more and more pissed. And when they did have my bagel, they never toasted it the way I wanted, no matter how many times I requested it 'toasted well', I always got back a barely toasted bagel. SERIOUSLY. And I'm not bitchy! I'm always very polite and smiley and the guys behind the counter love me. They just never toast my bagel enough.

So, one morning last week I went in, and AGAIN they were out of cinnamon raisin bagels. I sucked it up and decided to head back to the grill. I'd salve my bagel sorrow with a sausage, egg and cheese roll.

I stood in line at the grill, and waited and waited and waited. They are not speedy guys. Then, I'm finally at the front of the line, I'm waiting for the guy to take the next order, I'm ready with my breakfast choice- and the guy at the grill turns to the guy BEHIND me in line and says, "what can I get for you?"

I just walked out. I couldn't take it anymore.

I haven't been back since.

Reason Boycott is Cramping My Style:

1. Their cajun fries. Enough said.

2. Their flavored coffee.

Now, I prefer to Dunkin Donuts coffee to any other coffee on the planet. But there is no Dunkin Donuts between home and the office, so, I just have to go without (plus, I have a hard time stomaching Dunkin Donuts since Rachael Ray became their new spokeswoman. I have a deep and abiding hatred for her). There is a Starbucks, but it is always INSANELY crowded and I don't deal well with hordes of uncaffeinated New Yorkers before 9 am. The Dulce de leche latte just isn't worth it. So, I found myself giving the flavored coffees at the nearby deli a chance. And, well, I love them. Especially the caramel vanilla. With a shitload of sugar.

It's a little slice of heaven.

Unfortunately, they are the only deli on the street with flavored coffee. So I have been without since The Boycott began. And I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Today's Title from: Wake Up by Arcade Fire