The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Out of the doubt that fills your mind, you finally find, you and I collide

I find myself in a position that I haven't been in for about 3 years.

I think I might have a boyfriend.

Don't you just want to giggle?

A drunk phone call on Sunday night was the basis for the conversation in which Oscar and I agreed to be exclusive. It was his idea. He also suggested I move in with him (so he could more readily get some every night), but I was quick to nix the idea. I'm a girl who needs her own space/time.

I wasn't sure if decisions made when he was in an inebriated state counted, but the rampant texting yesterday and the phone call last night solidified it.

We made plans to fulfill each other's fantasies. He told me again how much he wants to meet my BFF, Karen. We talked about our first impressions of each other and how both of us have exceeded each other's initial expectations. When I told him that I worried I wouldn't ever see him again after our first date, complete with some slutty behavior by me, he told me, "don't worry, I'm not letting you go anywhere."

And somewhere inside me, a wall went down.

We've certainly had our ups and downs. We both have our own sets of insecurities and it's been a struggle for both of us to get past them enough to have enough faith in ourselves and in the other person.

But right now, in this moment, I am ridiculously happy.

Labels: