The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Watching us fading and watching it all fall apart

Yesterday, just I finished writing my post about how deliriously happy I am being single, my work phone rang.

Oscar.

In a complete daze, I watched the phone ring. Wondering why he was calling. Curious if he would leave a message.

The phone stopped ringing.

My cell phone sat right next to my work phone. It started ringing.

Oscar.

Again, I just sat and watched it ring. Confused. My hands shaking.

My work phone started ringing again.

Oscar.

Worrying that something was terribly wrong, I started to reach for the phone to pick it up. Just as my hand touched the receiver the phone stopped ringing.

3 phone calls. No messages.

I would have been willing to bet my life on never hearing from him again. Considering that I ended the relationship with a text message, I figured that bridge was burned irrevocably.

Weird. Very weird.

Today's Title from: The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore by James Morrison

Labels: