The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

And I've been thinkin - I've got my reasons, Just to get by

Dear Z100 Morning Show-

I listen to you every morning while I'm getting ready. You're all very funny and entertaining. But please, from the bottom of my heart I beg you, stop playing T-Pain's Buy U a Drank. It's run its course, it's at least 6 months old as this point. STOP TORTURING ME.

Why does this song torture me? Because, my lovelies, this song was just getting heavy rotation right as I was beginning a relationship. And it was wonderful. I was getting butterflies and he was so attentive and fabulous and really great in bed. And he loved this song and he sang it to me all the time and we listened to it in the car constantly.

And its over now. And its still raw and it still hurts. And everytime I hear this song, I am back in that first month when I couldn't have been happier to have this man in my life. Before he destroyed me with his ambivalence and apathy. And this song is like a very sharp dagger, taking its aim directly at my heart.

So, please. Give T-Pain a rest?

My sincerest thanks-
Chloe

Today's Title from: Get By by Talib Kweli

Labels: