The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

But you can dip your feet, Every once in a little while

I’ve had a whole slew of really fantastic days. I hardly even know where to begin.

Last Thursday night, I had dinner at Stanton Social with Spatch, Ana and Ames. It was an absolutely delightful meal, where we spent some time planning my upcoming 30th birthday. And the plans made helped make it so that this day that I have been dreading more than any other day of my life, seem less dreadful.

Friday night we had our company party, then I was off to meet Email Boy and his friends for a going away party for one of them. All of my different groups of friends are their own version of crazy. These boys are the version where they bring blow up dolls to obnoxious bars named ‘Porky’s’ and dance like idiots all night long. After a seriously awkward round of dirty dancing with Email Boy, where I tried valiantly to keep my breasts from making any bodily contact with him, I decided my feet had had enough for the night and made my way home. Deliriously happy.

There are times when I debate about how much to reveal here about my version of crazy. Sometimes, when the sun, moon and stars all align, I am the most uninhibited version of myself. And it doesn’t always necessarily include alcohol. Saturday was one such night. At my very good friend, Brian’s, annual Christmas party, I let myself get swept up in the holiday cheer and took all kinds of incriminating pictures and let one of the makeup artists there experiment by putting Lip Venom on one of my nipples (it tingles). After the house party, Karen and I headed uptown to meet up with some new friends we had made earlier that night. We shook our booties in a restaurant-turned-club in East Harlem, until I finally cried “Uncle” around 2:30 am.

Sunday was a miserable, miserable day weather wise. So I stayed at home and curled up on my couch, content to just recover from the previous couple of days. Around 8-ish, my brand new friend who lives a mere 20 blocks from me, called to see if I wanted to meet her and some other friends for dinner. I went, thinking I wouldn’t stay long.

Around midnight- I started to think it was time for me to go. But New Friends persisted that I stay.

At 2 am, I finally forced myself to leave, claiming that this action was not open for negotiation.

New Friends called to make sure I got home okay just before I crashed. DELIRIOUSLY happy.

Today, I am packed and ready to go home for the Holidays. My flight leaves in about 7 hours. My stomach is in knots and I didn’t sleep at all last night.

Wish me luck.

Today's Title from: When You Were Young by The Killers