The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Everything is waves and stars, The universe is resting in my arms

I am 30 years old today.

I rang in the new decade last night with The DJ and a few other friends. He had been drinking for a while when I joined in the fun, so he was delightfully affectionate and ecstatically happy to see me. What was originally intended to be one drink ended up being several, including a couple of rounds of shots. I was gifted a deliciously rich piece of chocolate cake from the bartender and a rousing serenade from the entire bar. Around 3 am, The DJ and I headed back to his place, where we took the next step and quite frankly, made the earth move. I don’t know that I have ever had more trouble getting out of bed than I did this morning. The DJ’s constantly pulling me back down for some “more snuggling” did not help.

And yes, I was a total nutcase for immediately assuming his disinterest.

Tonight, my absolute besty- Karen is taking me to dinner at the River Café, a restaurant that I have longed dreamed of attending, because that is what best friends are for.

And I am going to be an awesome 30 year old.

Labels: