The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, April 11, 2008

For every piece of me that wants you, Another piece backs away

So, every now and then I manage to truly surprise myself at my ability to pull outrageously hot men.

Case Study #635

Last night. I met my absolutely awesome friend, Betsy, for dinner at a restaurant in Harlem. The two of us are determined to find every decent restaurant in our neighborhood. Anyhoo, last night, we hit The Den. A delightfully cozy little restaurant on 5th ave that serves hot music and soul food with awesome names like Not Yo Mama’s Chicken and Waffles. Which was delicious.

So Betsy and I are eating, having a semi-serious discussion, and I am only mildly distracted by the constant stream of hot men entering through the front door. One in particular really catches my eye and Betsy has to ask me to focus multiple times as I ogle unashamedly. He’s just… beautiful. I knew it the minute he noticed me. I saw the double take out of my peripheral. It was everything I could do not to give myself a champion’s hurrah right then and there. Instead, I played the game with him where we surreptitiously look at each other constantly, for about 20 minutes.

Apparently, he tired of this game. And came over and asked if he could join us. We were basically done eating at this point and just chatting over the rest of our drinks. We agreed. He sat. I was so flustered, I could barely manage to form coherent words to come out of my mouth. And the first time I touched his arm, holy shit, I sizzled all the way down to my toes.

After him and Betsy argued heatedly for about an hour, while I sat and watched in bemusement, we all decided it was time to go home. Betsy lived a few blocks away, so she opted to walk. I lived much farther. He offered me a ride. I accepted.

He pulled up in front of my house and didn’t seem inclined to make any sort of move at all, except ask me if I was going to invite him up.

I sort of laughed/snorted out an emphatic, “No.” (Despite every single nerve ending in my body begging me to say ‘yes!’)

So he asked me for my number. I gave it.

Then, I couldn’t even help myself. I HAD to kiss this man. I leaned across the car and planted one on him.

Ah. The sweet smell of victory.

Today's Title from: You Give Me Something by James Morrison