The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Go ahead lose yourself inside this opportunity

So, as I’ve said in almost 100% of my last 10 posts, I’m kinda a busy girl. Especially these days. As the weather gets warmer, my social life tends to explode. Work has been hectic. And I’m trying to get in as much gym time as possible. I’m not going to lie. It can be… overwhelming.

Let me help you to understand what I’m talking about.

Last night, at the beginning of the day, my only plan was to hit the gym and head home after work. For my 5K training, I had to get in at least 20 minutes of running. By later that afternoon, I’d added dinner with Spatch to celebrate her last day at her job before she begins an amazing new job with lobsters at Essex House after the gym at 7:30.

At dinner, I asked her if she wanted to go to Trader Joe’s with me. I’ve been devouring this website recently, www.hungry-girl.com, and they had strongly endorsed the Trader Joe’s 100 calorie chocolate bars. And trust me, I am a girl who needs her chocolate fix. So after dinner, we headed up to Union Square, where we meandered around Trader Joe’s for a while, only to be incredibly disappointed because the 100 calorie chocolate bars were all out of stock. L

As I walked out of Trader Joe’s, Nicole called, wanting me to meet her uptown. So, I took my multitude of bags and hit the uptown A train. After spending about an hour with Nicole at our favorite local hangout spot, I heard from Betsy, who I haven’t been able to see much of lately, wanting me to meet her and her roommate at another nearby restaurant. It’s about 10:45 at this point.

I jump into a cab and meet Betsy and her roommate for a few very quick (and very tiny) bites of cheesecake.

Around midnight, I crash (literally) into bed.

And somehow, I managed to stay within my points. God, I love Weight Watchers.

Did I mention I’ve lost 7 pounds?

Today's Title from: Work it Out by Jurassic 5