The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

It ain't hard to tell, I excel, then prevail

Other than a few of the visits with my former therapist (starting with a new one tomorrow! So excited!), I can’t remember the last I had myself a good cry. Well, actually I can and it was the week after The DJ Debacle. Which was almost 4 months ago.

Four months since the lowest point I may have ever reached in my life. Four months since my relationships with Oscar and The DJ blew up simultaneously.

Destroying me.

So, I got off the horse.

And except for 2 unspectacular dates with The Trainer, I’ve stayed off the horse.

And it’s been the best 4 months of my life.

I’m busier than I’ve ever been. Ever.

I’m ridiculously content and just all around- HAPPY, which may be almost exclusively due to the working-out endorphins, since it has never been very long since my last gym visit.

And I don’t know if it’s because I’m so uninterested in dating that it emanates from me, but I’m definitely “OFF”. I NEVER get hit on anymore. The even weirder thing? It doesn’t really bother me. The less I have to deal with all the bullshit- the BETTER.

Something is different. And I can’t put my finger on it. I can’t identify it.

But I like it.

Today's Title from: It Ain't Hard to tell by Nas