The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

And what do you want? I want to change

I am deliriously tired.

Monday night was the last time that I had an hour to myself to just sit and chill. That’s right, Monday. That was 3 days ago.

Tuesday night- I met up with Spatch directly after work and the 2 of us hit the gym together, then headed out to Brooklyn for happy hour and dinner at the most delicious barbeque restaurant ever- Fette Sau. Mmmm. I just think of the pork and my taste buds immediately begin producing massive quantities of saliva. It was that good.

Last night- I trudged all the way out to Brooklyn again for a meet-and-greet that Dooce was doing at a bar in Prospect Heights. I got there, I saw the incredibly long line and how unbearably slow it was moving, just to shake someone’s hand who will never again remember me, and I immediately turned around and headed up to Harlem. Pissed that I just wasted an hour and a half. But glad, because now I was going to have time to go to the gym. WHO AM I? I am not a person who makes going to the gym a priority. I’m not going to lie to you- I’m a little scared of this New Me.

Side note- I went to Subway the other day. I got a turkey breast on honey oat, no cheese and fat-free honey-mustard instead of mayonnaise. Which was weird enough. THEN, and if you know me at all you will probably not believe this, as I stood at the register, I found myself asking for a combo (because I have been having MAD Diet Coke cravings) and asking the Register Man, “Can I have apples instead of chips?”

APPLES instead of DORITOS?!?!?!

I almost wept.

Anyhoo, last night, after an hour-ish at the gym, I dashed home, got together all my laundry, including the sheets and comforter from my bed and headed up to the Laundromat. The Exterminator had sprayed my room that morning, so washing at this point was imperative. (Yes, I still have bed bugs. Don’t even talk to me about it, because I will start crying). While my clothes washed, I ran back home and ate some dinner.

Around 11:30, I lugged it all back home, put my bed back together, put all my clean laundry into Bed-Bug Protective plastic bags, and then crashed.

Tonight, I am going to the gym, because today is a Run Day. And my training schedule requires at least a 20 minute run. Which I feasibly could have done on my lunch break, but I don’t like to sweat that much at lunch, so I went to a yoga class instead which actually was hard enough that I still ended up sweating too much. So, I’ll go run after work. But, I haven’t seen my friend, Betsy, in a while and I miss her. So I texted her last night to see if she wants to hit the gym with me, then grab dinner.

I did it to myself! I can’t even help myself!

And in the meantime, every single muscle in my body hurts.

Today's Title from: Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins