The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You have come so far, You’ve got so far to go

I have shin splints. It’s from the running. I’ve been running a lot. I’ve discovered a few secrets that I wish I had known the last few times in my life that I attempted to be a runner.

1. I cannot run every day. I absolutely must take a break in between running days. This has proven to be my most effective tool for not burning out with my running.

2. I have to eat within a few hours before I run. I cannot run on nothing. I’ve discovered that the best trick is these 100 calorie balance bars that I eat about a half an hour before I hit the gym. Perfection. Sustenance without being too much. Plus they’re only 2 points. HOT.

All total, I’ve lost 12 pounds. In 4 weeks. I’m ahead of myself to make my goal by December, but I figure its going to slow down at some point. Plus, I’m not going to have this level of will power forever. At some point I’m going to stop believing that Diet Coke is an acceptable alternative to a chocolate milkshake and that my movie theater popcorn is desperately in need of some butter.

Overall, things are going well. I’m seeing a new therapist that I adore and has declared herself to have great faith in me and is incredibly solution oriented. I like her spunk and her youthfulness and that I feel very safe with her.

However, I’m not going to lie. I’m in a bit of a rough patch. For one thing, I’m hungry all the time. ALL THE DAMN TIME. I feel like no matter how much I eat, I could still eat a TON more. Its unpleasant.

And there’s something else I can’t identify. I’m feel… unsettled. Almost all my thoughts these days are preoccupied with the idea of going on a date, holding a hand, or running my hand across a bare back. I long for a crush, SOMETHING to occupy my mind, so I’ll stop thinking about Oscar. In my head, I know I’m not really willing or ready to date at this point. The rest of me is aching for affection. It’ll pass, right? I just have to get through a few tough weeks, right?

Today's Title from: So Far to Go by J Dilla