The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Goodbye

Dear R-

You left yesterday. You moved many, many miles away. Chances are slim that we will see each other ever again. I went to your going away party on Sunday night, even though I wanted nothing more than to just go home and watch the Oscars. I even brought food, because your roommate asked me to. I didn't want to. I didn't want to do anything for you.

Why? Because you judged me, and found me lacking. You expect others to be just like you, but I don't want to be just like you. I don't want to resign myself to a life of loneliness and quiet desperation because 'that's God's will'. I want a full life, lived how I want to live it. I don't want to live on other's peoples terms and especially not yours.

You meant everything to me. And you dissolved our friendship. You were my rock in a time in my life when I was going through the most turmoil. You took your friendship away. To me that means that you were never a true friend to begin with.

The saddest thing about you leaving, is that I'm not really sad at all.

Sincerely-
Chloe