The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Morning Trauma

First things first, I'm going to do a little venting. A little background- I am not a morning person. I don't like talking to people in the morning- at home, on the subway... I'm not ready to be talked to until I'm at my desk at work. There are people on my street that I know, that I will say 'good morning' on my way to the subway. We're friendly around my parts and everybody kind of knows everybody. There's a man that's always been nice and friendly to me, calls me 'young lady' and what not. He's harmless enough. This morning- I saw him on the way to the subway and said good morning. Then he turned and started walking to the subway with me! I couldn't escape! I had to get to the subway and there wasn't any alternative route. So he walked with me, yakking and yakking the whole time. It made me crazy! If him invading my personal morning time wasn't bad enough, he then had the GALL to ask me out! It's not even 9 am! Not to mention, he's at least 20 years older than me. Double ewww! I told him I had a boyfriend- easiest way to completely discourage someone and somehow managed to shake him loose at the subway station. Blech!! I was ticked.

Things That I Have Learned in the Last Week
1. A person can be everything you've ever wanted on paper, and then when you meet them, repulse you enough to make your skin crawl.
2. A person can be virtually nothing that you want on paper, and then when you meet, you find the chemistry to be practically palpable.
3. A person can be perfect on paper, then when you meet them, they're even better....