The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Letting Go

In keeping with the exorcism of men-that-are-bad-for-me, I did something pretty big today. I deleted all of my emails from my ex-boyfriend. Considering that we emailed 3-5 times a day during our relationship, it was a substantial amount of emails, chronicling the highs and lows and the eventual demise of us. I saved two. The two emails where he says things that no one has ever said to me. In the days after our break-up, reading them reminded me that the pain I was going through was worth it for what I had experienced. I will hold on to these, if only to remind myself that I am worthy of love from a really amazing person. I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard and it didn't make me a little bit sad. But, as my best friend just told me, it's okay to let go.

A friend has been requesting that I do lists. I generally am not a fan. But just to satisfy her, here goes.

Top 5 Things That I am Obsessed With
5. Plucking my eyebrows. One of these days I'm going to pluck them clean off.
4. Men of a different ethnicity than my white ass, and having sex with them
3. Derek Jeter/Yankees
2. Cheesecake/French fries- equally
1. My ipod and the music on it

Labels: