The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

So, not friends, then?

Can we please have a conversation about what an ass my ex-boyfriend is? Our breakup was amicable and mostly mutual. We both knew we couldn't make it work long term, but we knew that our friendship was something pretty amazing and we wanted to maintain it. It sucked, royally, at first. Every time I saw him, it was like we were breaking up all over again. But I pushed on, determined to make it work, steadfast in my efforts to remain friends. We had no reason to hate each other and in all honesty, I couldn't stop loving him! Obviously, I've been getting past that whole loving-him business but I still really care about him as a person, and would really like to stay friends. Out of nowhere, he totally dropped off the face of the earth. He no longer returns emails at all. When I found out that things in his life were going badly, I sent him an email, extending a hand of friendship, and received nothing back. Nothing. Who does that to a friend. Here's what I have to say- he can HOSE OFF. I'm not trying to get back together with him! I don't want to get back together! I just want to be friends! He makes NO sense. Boo to him.

Flirting with Mr. Wrong. He heard of my Saturday night exploits and wanted details, including who I was with. I told him to stay away from me, that he's trouble with a capital T, but I think he thought I was kidding.

Labels: