The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Friday, July 08, 2005

I Got Tagged

Effing Joe! Had to go and tag me. I am under the assumption that this means that I must fill out the survey that he posted on his blog today and then subject others to the same treatment.

Here goes.

10 Years Ago Today: It was the summer before my senior year of high school. It was the busiest summer of my life. In-between trips, Girls' State (I was such a geek!) and summer school I was spending every possible second with an adorable boy named Mike, who was the first boy that I ever told him that I loved him. My 2 best friends and I went swimming every afternoon in Mike's neighborhood pool, then did some Jane Fonda exercise tape and "Felt the Burn!" It was EASILY the best summer of my whole life.

Five Years Ago Today: I was still in college, working full time at a job that I hated, having a weekend of the HOTTEST action that I've ever had in my whole entire life with a boy named A.J., getting hip and hot on the music scene with some new wonderful friends who I still love to this day, and trying to spend as much time as humanly possible with my best friend, Josh. Our friendship eventually went up in a ball of flames, but while it lasted it was amazing and wonderful and I doubt that I'll ever love anyone with the intensity and ferocity that I loved Josh.

1 Year Ago Today: I was in the throes of the begining of a relationship that scared me to death! I had crazy roommates who were the most social people ever and every second of my life was filled to the gills with parties and beach time and trying to make out with the new boyfriend as much as humanly possible. I was drinking after 4 years of no alcohol, and learning the fine art of hand-jobs. L was a constant companion and playing in the water fountains at the park just down the street from our office was my absolute favorite lunch-time activity.

Yesterday I woke up to the news of the terrorist bombings in London. Went to work. Went to a concert at the Bowery Ballroom after work. Hauled my ass home in the rain round midnight, to find my elevator broken and cursed my way up 5 flights of stairs to my 6th floor penthouse! Word to your motha.

Today: I am anxious and sick to my stomach for some unknown reason and am not eating anything for fear of the havoc that it will wreak on my digestive system. Tonight I am playing it low-key and doing dinner and a movie with a really good friend of mine who I will tell lots of gory details about having sex to, because she is still a good-little girl virgin.

Tomorrow: Fresh Direct delivery between 9 and 11, then brunch with a friend. I hope to get in a good long run, then tomorrow night I am going to a party and will be actively not checking my phone to see if a certain someone has called so that I can beg him to fuck me.

5 Snacks I enjoy: Doritos!, Twix, Cheez-Its, french fries, gummy bears, Starbursts, basically anything that's bad for me. Except Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I don't like them.

5 Bands That I Know the Lyrics to Most of Their Songs: U2, Beastie Boys, Jimmy Eat World, Erasure, Damien Rice

5 Things I Would Do with a $100,000,000: Obviously, I would get rid of all my debt and set my mother up in GRAND style. Then I would give lots o' cash to Derek Jeter's foundation in the hopes of it allowing me to meet him. And then I would go shopping on Madison and 5th Ave and hope that the shopkeepers don't treat me like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Those bitches.

5 Locations I Would Like to Run Away to: some coastal town in Maine- doesn't that sound divine?; Greek islands; Perm, Russia (I once lived there for 6 months); Venice; Jamaica

5 Bad Habits I Have: spectacularly bad financial management, very bad eating habits, spending too much time writing on my blog, thinking about sex too much, being attracted to very bad men.

5 Things I Like Doing: Kissing!!, having drinks with good friends resulting in laughing until the sun comes up, shaking my booty to some dirty hip-hop, cozying up in Barnes and Noble with a good book and a hot chocolate, running

5 Things I would Never Wear: a belt made up of ammunition for a semi-automatic, Daisy Dukes, a piercing in my nose, lips or eyebrows, a strap-on dildo, anything completely covered in sequins or rhinestones

5 TV Shows I Like: Arrested Development, Family Ties, Felicity, Seinfeld, Six Feet Under

5 Movies I Like: Snatch, Shawshank Redemption, The Usual Suspects, Billy Elliott, Sixteen Candles, Bend it Like Beckham, etc, etc, etc

5 Famous People I would Like to Meet: Derek Jeter!, Jason Bateman, Will Ferrell, Scott Speedman, Joaquin Phoenix, Jeremy Piven, and Alexander the Great (if we could meet people who were dead)

5 Biggest Joys at the Moment: My sister-in-law currently in labor with a new niece/nephew, that I have recently had sex!, my new jean-jacket that I am literally obsessed with, that Wedding Crashers comes out next Friday, the prospect of more sex!

5 favorite toys: iPod and that's pretty much it.

5 People to Tag: I don't have that many blogging friends that haven't already been tagged so I am just going to go with the Mysterious Phyllis Gabor!