The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Capital of Good Times

I'm so tired I can barely lift my head to stare blankly at my computer screen. We drove back from DC after the fireworks last night and arrived at my friend's place at 5 am. He let me crash on his floor for the few hours before I had to haul my tired ass into work, after having the weirdest dreams ever. I am coming down from the high of the most action-packed weekend of my entire life. The rundown of what we did- camping in Gettysburg, watching a battle re-enactment at Gettysburg, inter-tubing down the Potomac, a 3 hour dinner at a crab restaurant- complete with mallets and bibs, approximately 6 barbeques, about 10 games of volleyball, an afternoon in a pool, some ping-pong, fireworks in front of THE White House and a long drive home in the wee hours of the morning. I'm exhausted just writing about it. Not to mention, every time I closed my eyes, all I could see was the scene of me having sex and I just wanted to do it again and again. No such luck.

Seriously. I'm never going to make it through this day. Mr. Wrong is in Puerto Rico, so I don't even have him to help keep me awake. Although, now that I'm no longer a virgin, I need to stay away from him extra. The temptation is even stronger now.

Are there words to describe how weird it is to NOT be a virgin anymore? I've had a week to digest, but I am still struggling with the reality. No longer do I have to worry about dying a virgin, or the awkward conversation with someone new that I might be interested in where I have to explain why I want to fool around but not have sex. Although that might still happen, I don't want to turn into a having-sex-maniac.

Here's the conversation that I will have for the rest of my life-

Q: How old were you when you lost your virginity?
A: 27

I'm so happy!