The Virginity Monologues

My Life. The Mistakes I Make. Uncensored.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bad Friends

I have been such a work horse lately! Who knew that I had the ability to be so productive? Not me!

So get this! I am staying at a friend's apartment all week while she is on vacation- taking care of her cat and living the good life in my most favorite part of town- the East Village. I really need to get a new favorite part of town, but I have lots of memories scattered around those blocks and it'll always hold a special place in my heart. 1st and 2nd ave between 1st and 7th streets witnessed the rise and fall of a relationship, I can define the turning points of it by the street corners. Plus, it houses Pommes Frites, hello! So anyway, a friend of mine- who's not really that good of a friend, we've never even hung out outside of work, asked me if he could stay with me for a couple of nights at this apartment because him and his girlfriend had a fight and he "has nowhere else to go". BS! I told him to hose off, but now our friendship is ruined, because he had to go and be a bastard. I was talking to a friend who said that he tried the exact same thing with her and then got mad at he when she wouldn't sleep with him. Wouldn't he have been so disappointed to learn of my virginity and the current penis embargo (unless, of course, your name is Derek Jeter)? hahaha!

Mail-Room Guy has started stopping by my desk on regular intervals, that doesn't include delivering the mail. I need this to stop immediately. Seriously. How can a girl resist that?